Oct 2, 2014

Psalm 32

My pastor (PJ) preached on this passage a couple of Sundays ago. In God's perfect way, He has reminded me of this sovereign word in multiple occasions since then. Ive read it with sisters, explained the gospel through it to others, and it has been solid food for my soul. 

Let me try to convey its blessings to me.

Verse 2

Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

I desire to have no deceit, to have integrity, to have wholeness in Christ. I used to have a HUGE issue with this in the past, but by the grace of God am being conformed daily to His son, and with His help I am growing more in integrity.

Verse 3

For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
This is absolutely true when I have un-confessed and unrepentant sin building up as I try to save face. It is a BLESSING to confess to the Lord and to others real sins, struggles, and temptations in order to enjoy Christ more. It is so freeing.

Verse 6

Therefore let everyone who is godly offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found

It was a REALLY big wake up call for me to remember that God does not OWE me anything and I cannot demand from him that He keeps me in His favor as His elect. In every moment, I need to remember to go to God with a supplication of prayers as He is near and is keeping me now.

Verse 8

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

This be applicable to me daily, and may I kill my sins of pride, stubbornness and disobedience to God.

Verse 10

Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.

Now this is where the Gospel was all up in my face and heart. Jesus was on the cross bearing the HEAVY weight of our sin, sorrowful for all of our wickedness from the past, present and future. BUT the love- the steadfast love of God the Father surrounded His Son and He raised Jesus from the dead, and is seated at the right hand of God- glorified! Because Jesus trusted and was obedient to the Father, steadfast love surrounded Him on the cross. Now, I know His steadfast love can do the same in my life, and fill me with joy, if I continue to trust the Lord.

Verse 11

Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

An exhortation for you, for me, for all Christians who are called to rejoice because of how blessed we are in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment