Oct 6, 2014

FRISCO TRIP

Jose and I were warned a couple times not mention "Frisco" but only names like The Bay, or The City, or Norcal... But Jose couldn't help himself (the Noob) and kept asking dear friends questions and the happenings about "Frisco". Here is our trip!

We flew there on Virgin and my aunt kindly let us stay in her beautiful home!!!!

We started off Friday with Jose finishing his sermon for school... I got to relax :)
We headed out to explore the city on our own! We Barted (We fancied this type of transportation!) over to Embarcedero where we walked another 25 minutes to pier 39. Let me tell you about the walking. We WALKED. I will never complain again about walking a measly 0.2 miles or something. These city people WALK and they are FAST. We are suburb-y, slow paced, chillers who need to exercise more to keep up!
Jose was more than happy to try the fried seafood while I loved their clam chowder. I dont like seafood, so he was glad to get his fill!
We saw sea lions, all sorts of people, and beautiful water, scenery, and perfect weather.
We also got to have delicious chocolate at you know where! bomb.
Jose got to meet my dearest friend Sarah finally and I was glad we were all able to eat together! She showed us around North Beach and taught us the way of the Uber!
Saturday we got to go on a lovely short hike with my aunt and her friend through redwood trees!
We then met up with my best college friends- Shelley, Jie, and Kevin. We ate some tasty, flavorful wings, boba, visited these beautiful stairs, and checked out Lands End! That was breathtaking and truly had us reflecting on God's mercy and creation. They generously drove us around Richmond and Mission District where we went to this little hip coffee place.
Jason met up with us and we ate at a cool burger joint! Was delish. We caught up and talked about his move to SF, and God's favor in our lives. It was delightful indeed.
We got up early to go out for bfast just me and him :D
Sunday Jose and I were looking forward to visiting Reality SF Church. We were thankful to see these brothers and sisters in the Lord trying to be lights in this city. Singing was a blessing and the preaching was applicable and encouraging.
Jose got to meet two more GFs from college where we ate sandwiches and ice cream. It was lovely!
We met up with family and went pedal boating- on a BUM BOAT (no motor). This was hilarious because we were very slow. But it was fun for my cousins to meet jose. We ate thai food afterwards too!
Jose and I took the mega bus home- which I am still considering whether that was the best way of transportation for us because we were very achy throughout the night with little sleep. All in all- we kept saying how much we loved our trip :) Thank you SF! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment