Oct 10, 2014

2 Timothy 2

I am cherishing these Sundays with my Crossview Church family. I am writing these blogs to remind me that God speaks through the preaching of God's sovereign word, the gathering of believers, the praying of sinners, and singing of broken yet redeemed people. Here are some things that encouraged me from Sunday's gathering

This text gives us clear pictures of how we are to be faithful to Christ- as a soldier, an athlete, and a farmer.

Verse 9B

"But the word of God is not bound!"
This is so brilliantly uplifting. Although I fail, my God and His word has no end, boundary, or limitation. It runs to ends of the earth, reconciling sinner to God.

Verse 10

"I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory."
I must remember this goal. This ought to be my every moment thinking and the ultimate vision in loving others. Verses 14 and 16
"...not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers."
"But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness..."
Aas a woman and as a sinner- I talk. This is how I more effectively communicate with others. This is where I am prone to sin daily! My heart wanders into nonsense talk, puffing my heart and head up. May this convict me to stop my tongue from falling into this trap.

Verses 22-26

So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, table to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
APPLY APPLY APPLY! In a day, or month, or years from now, look back into this blog and hopefully God has given you grace to grow in these areas. Ask accountability for help in this!

One of my favorite parts of the gathering was my church celebrating mine and Jose's engagement. They really have encouraged us the ENTIRE way whether it was by praying, giving wisdom, giving helpful words when we were discouraged, and telling us we were honoring the Lord by moving into this season. It was wonderful to have them rejoice with us. We are thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment