Sep 30, 2014

Yes Way Jose!

Id like to share OUR story of our sweetly memorable engagement day :) I am thankful when dear friends and family ask but I feel I do not do it justice the 15th or 50th time I explain it - it just gets shorter and shorter every time haha. So, EnJOY!

Prior to this, Jose got my parents blessing, and he threw me off the track with a couple of GOOD LIES. Lets just say, I was paranoid for a day haha.

I started off the afternoon babysitting Ruby's (one of the girls who lied for the sake of this day!) 4 girls! Jose had dropped me off on his way to work. I had gone to school with him earlier straight from our SF trip. It turned out to be a trade off as I thought Ruby was doing a photo shoot for a neighbor's family, but REALLY she was going to help set up our engagement area (she is so crafty!) Jose was waiting for her around the corner as I thought he left much earlier!

Ben (Ruby's husband- also a liar!) was going to take me home afterwards because I was on the way from the place her photo shoot was at. We went to this overlook park, and I said to Ben, "Aw, this is the same place Jose asked me to be his girlfriend." In his calm but excited voice, he replied, "What a coincidence!!!)

I saw this "in the beginning" sign and saw Ruby and Jun- with a camera as well- but didnt think anything of it. Again, I thought this was for the family photo shoot! Ruby stepped to the car, I was going to move to the back, but she came to the window and said calmly, "You should change..." Um, I was in a comfortable black tshirt and shorts because I was babysitting, running around, tutoring, and playing kitchen for two hours! I then turned to Ben- shocked, deceived, and excited because I knew what was going to happen...

I walked out and Jose walked from around the bushes in a long sleeved white dress shirt carrying roses.
And he said, "Im not at work..." He took my hand and we walked passed this sign to a table-recreating our first hang out at Baskin Robins. It was so endearing and nostalgic. While we were eating I looked around to see who was hiding, and sure enough I see two supportive sisters- Kat and Pam (who also were a great help to Jose, creative, and were also LIARS to me!) - giggling/making weird faces.
After we finished eating, we walked up a pathway where there was this creative and beautiful set up of pictures of us throughout our two years of dating. I looked at each of them reminiscing of all of our dates and fun times.
There was a box in the middle on a table and he started to say some sweet things. I have to say, this guy is quite the romantic, but honestly my brain was MUSH i cant remember anything he said haha. It is all a blur!!! He took out a leather bracelet (the ones from Disneyland) and it had sentimental value because I had lost mine with his name on it about a year ago! :( So he showed me the bracelet and it had this special question.
He went on his knee, took out the beautiful ring, and popped the sweet question. I nodded and quietly replied yesssssssssss and there we are :)
Just in one day, we have been OVERWHELMED with the amazing love from our community of family and friends. What a sweet gift from the Lord. We are so thankful. The words around the area he proposed says "Until the Lord calls us home". We are getting ready to join as husband and wife before God and remain together for the rest of our lives until we pass away and are face to face with Jesus. We are so excited!!!!! All glory to God who is good to us in Jesus! We really do welcome your friendship and to share life with us. We could use and invite any wisdom and encouragement. Thanks for your love :)

3 comments:

  1. sooooooooo THRILLED FOR YOU BOTH! i made ruby tell me the story bc i couldn't wait long enough to ask you in person (whenever i would see you next HAHA!) . i love that you blogged this. i'm tearing up! PRAISE GOD FOR HIS KINDNESS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so unbelievably excited for you!! �������� there are no words for the amount of joy I have for the both of you and I can see the fingerprints of God in your relationship. Praying for you, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! We must hang out soon! Love you guys!!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete