Sep 30, 2014

Your Joy is Mine

Hi:) My name is Alyssa and I have created a new blog for this new season of life!!! im so excited. WELCOME!

I hope this blog reflects my heart and appreciation in life- - the people, creation, experiences, and the gospel. May this reflect me as a sinner given undeserved grace to live a life all for God's glory. Feel free to roam around, take a peek into my memories and thoughts, and be provoked to ask questions or have a conversation with me :) I'd be more than willing.

I am hoping this will help document some of life. This journey will show the manifold blessings of God and help me as I reflect on trials, readings, and recall the wondrous works of God. Let this be a testament of God's faithfulness in all my moments. A warning to you: my writing is definitely not the best... my thoughts are everywhere, and I lack cohesion sometimes. So I hope you are able to follow haha.

My blog name comes from Psalm 16 and John 15 - 16 in the Bible.

Jesus tells us to abide in Him and His love! Apart from Him we can do nothing. Jesus tells us to put our faith in Him so that our JOY MIGHT BE FULL because His joy is in us! The joy of the perfect gracious sovereign beautiful holy good God. WOW! And although there are trials and sufferings in this present world, I hold on to the promise that there will be a day when those who believe will see Jesus again and our hearts will forever rejoice. A great eternal joy in God :) I am so thankful for Christ dying on the cross and raising to life so that He would be glorified and I- like all others who believe in Jesus have been forgiven of all sin and debt. Because God first loved me and gave His Holy Spirit to dwell in me, He continues to help me become more like his Son as I learn to repent, die to my idols, and love God :) I also get to rejoice when others rejoice! Here we go :)

EnJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment